I’m physically in class 32 hours a week right now, plus I have online classes that I have to spend more hours listening to lecture and doing the reading. So, I’m a little behind on checking in here. I’m also still working on a system to make sure that being busy doesn’t spiral into being unhealthy.
These past few weeks have been a mix of good and bad. I’m trying to set small daily goals (like eat 8 servings of fruit and veggies or no candy) to stay focused with attainable goals that I can think about every day.
My 10K training is s.l.o.w. which pretty much translates to not happening. I’ve been running MAYBE once a week. That needs to change. Running is so good for my mental state and the calories burned is a great way to maximize my time. My weight is up a little, down a little, so overall mostly stagnant. I want to start losing consistently again!
- Meatless Monday (I am loving this! It’s a great way to start my week off as healthy and mindfully as possible)
- Exercise five times a week, for at least 30 minutes (I’m aiming for 200 minutes of exercise this week and fitting in two strength training workouts. This is hard some weeks, but I’m pushing to keep it up.)
- Run the E10K program three times a week (it’s OK to repeat weeks, but not to skip workouts) (I am running once a week max. This needs to change – I’m looking forward to incorporating more outdoor runs too.)
- Track all my food daily – no breaks! ( Life really is easier when I track! I do track the indulgences but need to cut back on those!)
- New goal: Meditation – at least four days a week!