1. I’m totally addicted to Zumba these days and have been going twice a week. Since I took dance classes for almost 20 years, the idea of an hour long dance class where you can learn new choreography in a group setting is a blast for me. I even moved up to the front of the studio this week….finally feeling more confident about shaking my stuff in front of everyone!
2. I have been busting my butt to network and get a new job in a hospital. I want to expand my skill set and get my foot in the door so when I have my RN license (next summer!!) then I can be in a better position to get a position in acute care. My hard work and schmoozing finally paid off this week when I was offered a job at an award-winning facility on a critical care floor. The interview went really well and I heard from HR within a few days. Orientation starts in a few weeks.
3. Yvan and I had such a great time camping last weekend and feel totally geared-up for the rest of this summer’s camping season. We’re planning a trip to the Adirondacks next month and have booked sites at Fish Creek Pond and another state park for the week. I haven’t been back to the Adirondacks since college (can’t believe I graduated 13 years ago). We are so looking forward to the nine days relaxing, swimming, fishing, and just being together.
4. I had been toying with the idea of growing out my bangs, but decided not to yet. I can just use barrettes and headbands to go for a different look if I want to. Much easier than dealing with the awkward stages of growing them out right now! Plus, I still really like them (most days).
5. Cookie dough vodka White Russians (enough said!).