For those of you that don’t know, Foodie Penpals is an incredibly fun swap that Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean set up and organizes for over 600 participants each month! Each person that signs up every month is matched up with another blogger or participant and is asked to send their penpal “fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written.” Penpals contact each other and find out if they have any dietary restrictions or preferences so the packages can be tailored to their needs and interests.
Buying presents for people is one of my favorite things. Couple that with receiving a fantastic box of goodies, and you’ve got yourself one hell of a good time!
This was my first time doing Foodie Penpals, and not only was it fun to send someone a package with some new treats and foods, but it was even more exciting to get a beautiful package full of deliciousness! Melissa is a student in Indiana and is thinking about starting a blog. After her first experience with Foodie Penpals, hopefully she’s turned onto the excitement and camaraderie of the blogging community!
Let’s take a look at what she sent me! Her package was thoughtful and beautifully wrapped and presented. Sort of makes me feel like a slacker for the way I stuffed my goodies into a (not-even-padded) envelope!
She stuck with an Indiana theme so everything was local. She even included something from her mom’s business – so cool!
She even put her home state on the card. SO cute. Each item had a connection to her locale and was all wrapped beautifully and presented so cheerfully!
- Honey sticks which are delicious on their own as a little snack or stirred into some tea or yogurt with fruit!
- French roast coffee beans, roasted this month at a local coffee roaster! We LOVE coffee in this house. 😉
- Natural handmade kitchen soap which smells amazing and really does take the garlic stink off your fingers!
- Green superfood and hemp hearts – I haven’t tried these yet but as a daily smoothie drinker, I’m looking forward to trying them!
- Fresh bottled ketchup – What’s really perfect about this is I had JUST run out of ketchup the night before.
And this is delicious – thick and a little spicy, I’m so glad I have a giant bottle to last me a while!
- Kitchen scrubber – this was from her mom’s company. How adorable and functional! I love gifts that you can use.
Thank you Melissa for making my first Foodie Penpals experience so fun!