One of my goals for this week was to write 10 positive things about myself. I thought it would be an even bigger challenge if I posted them here, thereby encouraging myself to really own this positive self-talk.
I tend to revert to negative self-talk when I”m dealing with a lot of stress, busy, or just not paying attention. But it really is as simple as paying attention and stopping the negativity as soon as I am aware of it. Reminding myself that I’m strong, capable, confident, and In a matter of minutes I can turn my day around with a bit of positive talk to myself. Sometimes, faking it ’til you make it really does work!
Making this list was a little tough because I found myself doubting the things I wanted to list. I would wonder if I was as good as the person reading the list….but who cares!? This is about me, and that’s OK. And having confidence in myself isn’t about comparing myself to others – that’s never going to work. It’s about looking at myself in a clear and positive light and actually taking ownership and enjoyment in my positive attributes.
My 10 positives for today:
1. I have strong legs that can dance, run, and keep me on my feet for an 8 hour shift.
2. I have a great sense of humor and love to share my big, loud laugh with everyone.
3. I am kind and patient.
4. I am curious and interested in learning new things.
5. I have eyes that sparkle with life.
6. My hair is long and thick and healthy.
7. I’m never afraid to ask questions.
8. I make room in my life for fun and relaxation
9. I have a sense of adventure.
10. I am loving and supportive.
Do you engage in positive self-talk? What are your positive things for today?